Shabnam
why anybody didnt correct me? i wrote an entry but anybody didnt correct me. plz help me know my mistakes in that. thank u so much
9 мар. 2014 г., 7:46
35
1
"I wrote and entry, but no one corrected it. Please help me by correcting my errors." "Thank you so much"
9 марта 2014 г.
Hi Shabnam, I've noticed that other members have corrected your entry, so I'm only going to give some extra things to think about. First of all, this post is really worth reading and bookmarking (a million thanks to Jeff for taking the time to put it together): http://www.italki.com/entry/136663 I realise you're new here, but it is very poor form to complain about getting no corrections. Imagine if everyone did that. If anything, at least be patient and polite. Please don't think I'm giving you a personal dressing-down for what I'm about to write next. A lot of students make this same mistake, and unfortunately they don't get told how this habit sabotages their own learning. So here goes... Chat-speak, sms and other abbreviations are not acceptable in normal writing. At all. I realise you want to seem "authentic" and show us that you can use "real" English, but it almost always backfires on you. When I see lazy forms like "u", "plz", "coz" and so on (plus a general dismissal of capital letters - like "i" instead of "I" - and poor punctuation), I don't think of an educated woman in her late twenties who is earnestly trying to master English. I actually think of a bored twelve-year-old trying to impress her school friends. Add that laziness to your honest mistakes, and your English looks doubly poor. It's completely up to you how you write English, but if you want to continue using your current "style", then no-one will take you seriously. At best, people might think you're "cute". If you truly want people to take you seriously, then you really have to lift your standards. Sorry if that's harsh. Good luck, and please don't mistake encouragement for constructive criticism.
10 марта 2014 г.
Shabnam, you can't expect corrections on your notebook entries that soon, it's likely that a lot of English speakers were asleep, or doing something else (yes, we too, have lives!). I am sure that there's someone who would gladly correct it for you, but you do need to be a little more polite if you want anyone to help you ;) I also don't understand why your profile says that you speak fluent English... I'm afraid that I can tell, simply by reading your question that your English is quite far from being anywhere near a C2, as you say it is.
9 марта 2014 г.
Nobody corrected you? Maybe because your entry is perfect.
9 марта 2014 г.
sometimes we can not get what we want at any time because some could not see your entry,SO PLEASE REWRITE YOUR ENTRY TO SEE IF I CAN HELP.
9 марта 2014 г.
Shabnam
English, Persian (Farsi)