Kelly Xu
blue rinses for the bingo set??? 1. Rita's as old school as the Motown records she collects and her salon does a roaring trade specialising in finger waves, beehives and blue rinses for the bingo set. I would like to know what does "blue rinses for the bingo set" in the paragraph mean. Thanks. 2. I wasn't sure whether to be offended or flattered when she phoned the office to ask me the name of an up-market male strip club, so I went with bemused, and ultimately, because I can't seem to help myself, useful. I would like to know what does "and ultimately, because I can't seem to help myself, useful" mean. Thanks.
Mar 9, 2014 4:46 PM
5
0
The bingo set means elderly women. A popular activity for elderly women is playing bingo. A blue rinse is a treatment used on gray or white hair to make it look more silvery. It means the customers at Rita's salon are mostly elderly women. It means instead of being offended and refusing to provide the information about the strip club, she decided to be useful and gave her the information she wanted.
Little old ladies have a blue rinse added to their hair. This is meant to conceal the grey hairs. It is commonly thought that little old ladies play the game of bingo.
Kelly Xu