rjcorraya
「Sharp」の日本語。 There are basically 2 distinct meanings/usage of 'Sharp'. Please teach me the 2 usages as it is used in the following 2 sentences. 1. The tip of the pencil needs to be sharp. 2. Come to school at 8am sharp. (Here the 'sharp' implies to 'exact', 'right at that moment' etc.) ありがとうございます。
Mar 10, 2014 5:51 AM
7
1
Sentence one "sharp"means "a fine edge""It can hurt you fingers etc".Sentence two"sharp"means"exactly".So sentence one“sharp”in Japanese is “鋭い”“su ru do i”.Sentence two"sharp"can be"正時"‘syo u ji’
1. The tip of the pencil needs to be sharp.→ 鉛筆の先が「とがっている」。 2. Come to school at 8am sharp. ('exact')→ 8時ちょうどに/8時きっかりに これが一番自然な日本語です^^
Thanks Romie, for translating both the sentences! One of my other Japanese teacher taught me the use of ぴったり also...Thanks for verifying it again! See ya...\(^___^)/
1. The tip of the pencil needs to be sharp: 鉛筆がとんがってないといかない (direct translation: The pencil needs to be sharp) 2. Come to school at 8am sharp: 8時ぴったり/ちょうどに来てください。(Direct translation: Please come to school at exactly/perfectly 8am). ^___^
rjcorraya
Bengali, Chinese (Mandarin), English, Hindi, Japanese, Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese