JasmineChen
words used in academic writing Is must too subjective to use in academic writing? What's the differences between "must", "should", "need", "have to" when used in academic writing. Is "more and more" informal to use in academic writing, and instead of this word, use "increasing"? Thank in advance.
2014년 3월 10일 오전 9:56
5
0
"Must" is objective. "Should; Need; Have To" are subjective. "Must" is used when something has to, or will happen. "More and more" is informal. "Increasing, increase, increased, increasingly" is better for academics.
2014년 3월 10일
Thanks for your kind reply. I've got more questions. All these four words are fine used in academic writing? What about "more and more..., less and less..." I've read essays written by IELTS ex-examiner using"more and more", and "more and more..., less and less..". And I'm really confused if they can be used in IELTS Writing.
2014년 3월 10일
JasmineChen