sherry
A group of frat boys crossed the Main in the middle of a block I walked out to my car and drove off, east toward donwtown. Came at last to a stoplight flashing red and went north on Main. Not much traffic on the streets, but even now there were students on the sidewalks. Somewhere a bar had let out. A group of frat boys crossed the Main in the middle of a block, loud and carelss. one of them tripped and set the others laughing. I slowed to let them pass. what does "Came at last to a stoplight flashing red and went north on Main" mean? how about "A group of frat boys crossed the Main in the middle of a block" ?
2014년 3월 10일 오후 1:22
1
0
A red flashing light is a traffic signal that serves the same purpose as a stop sign. You're required to stop and look both ways before proceeding. In some places a regular traffic light which changes from red to green, operates as a flashing red light late at night when there's less traffic. "Went North on Main (Street)." Many towns in the US have a Main Street, which is commonly in the business district of a town. Frat boys are members of a college fraternity. The stereotype of frat boys is that they're rowdy and often drunk and disrespectful of rules. They crossed Main Street in the middle of the block instead of at the intersection.
2014년 3월 10일
sherry