Lily
Can I say " the cars crashed badly" if I want to describe a car crash/accident ? I would like to describe the crash using an adverb, but I can't think of anything else. Thank you very much :)
Mar 14, 2014 11:33 PM
No, not exactly, but “It was a bad car crash." or "It was a terrible (car) accident." would work. If it was a very serious accident you could say "It was a deadly car crash." or "The car crash was deadly."
Tragically, there are a huge number of news reports about traffic accidents. The journalist usually write about them like this. . an accident involving a car or car or car and truck or pedestrian . give the location . the number of people injured or killed. . sometimes where the people were taken. So I think to describe a bad accident, you might write something like - There was a car accident on the highway in which 2 people were injured. In that format, the reader can make their own judgement about how serious the accident was.
I would use "horrifically" in your example. There's an old joke (sorry Eric, sorry John) which goes like this: "He's shot himself." "Badly, sir?" "No, extremely well."
Lily
Arabic, English, French