baran
how can i ask a question for this sentence? I m 56 k.g. is it corect to say : how much are your weight?
Mar 15, 2014 5:43 PM
1. "How much do you weigh?" <- This sounds most natural to a native English speaker. 2. "How many kilos do you weigh?" <- You might hear this from a native English speaker in a country using metric measurements. It's less common than "How much do you weigh?" 3. "How much is your weight?" <- This is grammatically correct, but it sounds unnatural to a native English speaker. "How much" is used with nouns that are uncountable. "How many" is used with nouns that countable. (In #2, the countable noun is "kilos")
Because weight is a singular noun, it would be "how much is your weight?" However when asking somebody else about their weight, we usually ask "How much do you weigh?"
I am bout 57 kg. I am usually use sentence: How many kilos do you weight?
thanks,daniel you mean the best answer is: how do you weight?
which one is better to use? 1.how much is your weight? 2.how much do you weight? 3.how many kilos do you weight? I perfer the first one. why surivival said how many?
baran
English, Persian (Farsi)