Anotherworld
I wonder what "out there" means in the sentence "it gets us out there" "Those pictures go up on social media, some of them instantly on Instagram and Facebook, and it gets us out there," the restaurant manager says. I wonder what "out there" means in the sentence "it gets us out there" Please help me! Thanks!
'Out there' means in the wider world, especially the digital/ internet world. We use this expression a lot to refer to the internet eg 'Be careful - there's a lot of dangerous stuff out there'.
Wow. Thanks, Shwan. Your example makes me understood. ^ ^
"Out there" in this case means "out in the wider world" as Su.Ki. mentioned. In this case, it means out on the Internet. If something gets you out there though, it makes you noticed by fans and other people. That is, by posting these photos on Facebook and other social media sites, it connects you with an audience... perhaps current customers who already frequent the restaurant or even new people who never even knew about the restaurant until they saw the photos. This is a great way to gain new business. :)