Sean Coleman
What is the most difficult language that you have tried learning? For me, the most difficult language that I have tried learning is probably Japanese. Although I think that the grammar and vocabulary are not too difficult, I find memorizing and writing kanji to be a pain. What language have you tried learning that you have found to be difficult and why did you think it was difficult?
The hardest languages for me were Hungarian and Russian because of the cryllic alphabets, so I chose French and German instead. I don't think that Japanese is a hard language because I really like it! Now I'm studying Chinese and Cantonese, I think that Chinese is a harder language then Japanese but that might be because of the fact that my mind still wants to use Japanese meanings for Chinese. This is because Japanese kanji is actually Chinese into Japanese that is used in Japanese language.
hello there... I feel the same as you, the japanese grammar and the pronunciation is a piece of cake, but the kanji y and the respective reading (kun/on) is my pitfall. but in the other hand the English pronuniation can be the most difficult thing for me (and I think for the majority (or most?) of native Spanish) when I try to make an approach to this lenguage. ...by the way, the expretion ''piece of cake'' in spanish is: pan comido.