Laura
"- Do you mind... - Sure." = "- Você se importa? - Não." ? Sempre vejo em filmes a pergunta "Do you mind if I take this chair?" tendo como resposta "Sure." e a cadeira sendo levada. Não entendo como isso faz sentido, afinal, se a pessoa se importa, por que a outra levaria a cadeira? Em português o equivalente seria "Você se importa se eu levar a cadeira? Claro." ou "Você se importa se eu levar a cadeira? Não."?
Sorry... I don't speak Portuguese but, after running your question through Google Translate, I can understand it enough to answer your question in English. If you need the answer in Portuguese, please add it as "additional details" and hopefully someone will answer in Portuguese. I can understand your confusion because you are taking the words that are spoken literally. You are right that the "correct" answer to "do you mind if I do x" is either "Yes, I do mind" or "No, I don't mind". However, in everyday conversation, the exchange often goes like this: "Do you mind if I take this chair?" "Sure, it's OK... go ahead." So...the answer "Sure" would have been more appropriate to this question... "Is it OK if I take this chair?" "Sure, it's OK... go ahead." but... people talk everyday the way you have heard in movies and so you just have to learn what is meant when people say "Sure". It's really the same as the Spanish or Portuguese "Claro".