Jenny
I have a question again Inspired by a revolt dating back to the 12th century, against a ruthless count that used to drag young girls to his chambers, the festival celebrates the people's victory and their freedom. If I rewrite the sentence would it be like As the festival is Inspired by a revolt dating back to the 12th century, against a ruthless count that used to drag young girls to his chambers, the festival celebrates the people's victory and their freedom. or The festival which is inspired by a revolt dating back to 12th century, against ~ celebrates the people's victory and their freedom.? Thank u for your concern
I would take the easy way out: I'd break it into more than one sentence. It is a collection of several different thoughts, not one complicated thought. The festival of X celebrates the peoples' victory and their freedom. It commemorates a 12th-century revolt against count X, a ruthless count who used to drag young girls to his chambers.
How about: Inspired by a revolt dating back to the 12th century, this festival celebrates the people's victory and freedom from a ruthless count who would drag young girls into his chambers.