random french translation questions
I need french translations and french idiomatic expressions
1. do french pronounce "gps" using english alphabet or french alphabet
2. translation/expression for "fix somebody up with a date" / "play matchmaker"
3. equivalent expression: "break my neck" / "bust my balls"
ie: I not going to bust my balls moving someone else's furniture. Tell them to do it themselves.
4. equivalent expression: 'reach for the stars' 'skys the limit'
5. translate : "defined my generation " ie: the peace movement of the 60's helped define the baby boomer generation .
6. translation/expression : homely looking girl
7. translation: "can I have some more ?" (ie: for requests, think "Oliver Twist")
8. translation: where'd you hear that from ! (ie: when hearing sth. unexpected, shocking, unbelievable, or foolishly untrue )