emar
sign signal symbol When to use each? Seat belt signal or sign? Thanks
Hi Emarbe, A sign is usually written, and may have images to illustrate how to use the seat belt. A signal would be a beeping sound or flashing light to warn that the seat belt is not fastened.
Symbol - represents something/someone Signal - something that indicates you should do something Sign - something that gives information, a warning, a demand etc. Example - When I was driving along the motorway, I came to a red light but that red light was borken and I saw two SIGNs one which read 'this red light is broken' and the other one 'roadworks ahead'. I thought to myself, 'it's going to be busy!'. A couple of metres in front of me was a policeman giving hand SIGNALS (a thumbs up when I can go ahead and drive). I knew it was a policeman because as I drove past him I saw the sheriff SYMBOL on his arm. You can use sign and signal in the SIGNALS example!
I'm afraid I don't understand, is this a driving question?