cahayapetunjuk
Need confirmation on my translation.. "배우로서는 나아갈 방향이라 하면 의외성을 볼 수 있는 배우가 됐으면 좋겠어요. 한정되지 않았으면 하거던요." My translation for the above sentence is: "As an actress, even if I move forward in the right direction, I wish I could be an actress that would still be able to find some unexpectedness. I don't want to be a limited actress" Is that correct? I still think it is not accurate. I'm confused the most about the usage of '볼 수 있는' , '라 하면 ' and '하거던요' in the sentence. Any kind heart who's willing to clear my confusion would be much much appreciated! ^_^
For the way to go as an actress, I hope I would be an actress who is able to show unpredictability. I don't want to limit myself. 볼 수 있는 means "be able to see" 라 하면 means "for" 하거든요 is an ending of same meaning to "해요" with nuances of notification.
여배우로서, 설령 제가 잘 나간다고 해도, 여전히 저는 의외성을 갖춘 여배우가 되거싶어요. 한계가 있는 배우가 되고 싶진 않거든요. Sorry, this is my best try.
~라 하(면) introduces a kind of quotation: (if) (I) were to tell (the direction (I) have to follow...) ~하거던 (usually 하거든) introduces a explanation of the preceding clause: It is that/It is because (I wish I were not...) Eventually, for 볼 수 있는, your translation as "(be) able to" sounds correct (an actress able to...), but I'd say "find" sounds too "active". It's rather "see", probably in the sense of "meet". Hope a native speaker will give a comment too... :)