hizzzy00
can someone help translate this? Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me translate this into casual Korean: I can speak English well because I am half white and half Korean. Right now, I'm living in the US. There's nothing to envy, your English is good too! THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help.Oh, is that so? What's the best response then? Perhaps: I'm good at English because I was born in America. Your English pronounciation is good too. Is that more appropriate? Thanks for correcting my understanding of their meaning! ^^ Also, how do I say: Right now, I am living in America. Thank you in advance!
This is not an answer that you are looking for but you speaks English well because you living in the US probably very long time, not because you are half white ;) And.. that thing.. They knows it there's nothing to envy. You grown up in the US, so you speaks English well and the Koreans speaks Korean well.. I heard it the same thing a lot. They saying they are *envy* of your English. It's just their way of saying "I hope I can speaks English like you". And nothing more. They just saying. They don't mean to *envy* when they say envy. Mostly Koreans choosing the word envy is just bad translation from their English teachers.