Feathers
What is the difference between bien and bueno/a exactly? I use it wrong when I say something like: "es bien para mi." I have to say: "Es bueno para mi." But why exactly? What is the difference?
There are two related questions here as far as I can see: -Te use of ser vs estar. -Te use of bueno vs bien. "Bueno" is a quality (usually invariable along the time) "Bien" is a state,status or condition (it can change) "ser" is usually used to speak about qualities that don't change. "estar" is usually used to speak about status or conditions that can change. So obviously we use to say: "Ser bueno" (quality) "Estar bien" (status) Example (things) "Este coche es bueno" (high quality) "Este coche está bien" (in good condition or looks fine, even "i like it") People: "Ese hombre es bueno" (That's a good man) "Ese hombre está bien" ("in good health" or "he's handsome) Interjections. We use "bien" and "bueno" with the same meaning: "Bueno, vamos a comenzar" "Bien, vamos a comenzar" (Well/okay let's start) Obviously there are some cases that break the rules like idioms or some exceptions. I hope it helps. (please tell me if I made any mistakes writing in English) ^_^
Bien is an adverb (meaning well) and buen is an adjective (meaning good) - Lo hiciste bien. (You did it well) Buen is used in from of a masculine noun, while bueno/a is used after the noun: - Fue un buen viaje. (It was a good trip) - El viaje fue bueno. (The trip was good) As a general rule, adjectives generally go after the noun, and the sentence will have a more literal meaning. When coming before a noun, an adjective generally takes on a more figurative, poetic, or literary sense.
esta bien (to express state) like: I'm ok = estoy bien. el o ella esta bien Bueno-> . Es bueno para mi (It's good for me) . Es malo para mi (It's bad for me) Muy bien ( very good) Normally when we talk about food we say Esta bueno o esta muy bueno. But that's in my country. a little informal. you can find more information here http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art41239.asp