Mark
Sept. 18th - 29 I will be in Italy. I am looking for a place to room I will be backpacking through Italy from September 18- September 29th. I arrive in Rome, Florence, Milan, and other cities. I am looking to find a room to stay in, in these cities. I don't want to stay in a Hostel or a Hotel, I want to stay with Italians. I am obviously willing to pay for the hospitality. Please, let me know if anyone has any information that can help me. Thank you
Have you tried couchsurfing.com? Even if you're not staying with someone, it's a good way to meet locals.
I can't help you but I suggest you to take a look at the sites Couchsurfing or Airbnb
My daughter and her friend recently went to Italy, having first got to know some Italians through couchsurfing. In a couple of different cities, they were put up, shown round, taken out and generally given a great time by some very friendly locals. An ideal introduction to the 'real Italy'.