maya
How can I say this dialogue when I write in English? I would like to say this dialogue in English. Is not it natural to say that in English? そして、なんとかすべき事をやり終えました。急いだせいで、ドアの角で打った足の小指の痛さに耐えながらではあったけれど。 Here is context, if you need it. http://www.italki.com/entry/459187 In the Last Minutes of Leaving My Home I finished talking with someone on Skype and shut down my computer. At the same time, I realized that I had forgotten something that I had to do. Which was, on such a warm day, to hang the laundry outside to dry. I tried to do it twice as fast as usual. <Target text should be here.>I would like to write those sentences written in Japanese into English.
There should be a comma before "which was", and "t" should be "t", but otherwise it's perfectly correct. The style is a bit poetic, but there's nothing wrong with that.
"そして、なんとかすべき事をやり終えました。急いだせいで、ドアの角で打った足の小指の痛さに耐えながらではあったけれど。" = After that, I managed to finished everything I had needed to do one way or the other, even though I had to endure the pain of having (accidentally) kicked the corner of the door with the pinky on my foot because I had not been careful while trying to make haste.