Ariel
How do I write a sentece with verbs in japanese? I'm going to the movies. iku I already ate. tabemashita I went running yesterday. hashiruWhat is the sentence structure?
Hi Ariel, I still learning but I think I can help you with this. 1. I'm going to the movies. -> 映画館を行きます。(えいがかん を いきます) 2. I already ate. -> 食べました。 (たべました) 3. I went running yesterday. -> 昨日私は走れました。(きのうわたしははしれました) Japanese formal basic structure is SOV (subject, object, verb) instead of SVO (subject, verb, object) like English and Portuguese. For me, that is the only major issue for us, the logical construction is quite different but practice can solve it. By the way, Japanese use a write system based on phonetics, that I think turns things easier to learn how to speak and all.
I'll explain about that though I don't know how much you know Japanese nor if you have already learned the Japanese characters. iku いく、ikimasu いきます I'm going to the movies. *If you are on the way to the movie theater: わたしはえいがかんにいくところです。 If it's your plan: わたしはえいがかんにいくつもりです。 tabeta たべた、tabemashita たべました I already ate. わたしはもうたべました。 *Generally, we need the object for "eat" but it depends on the context. hashiru はしる、hashirimasu はしります I went running yesterday. きのう、わたしははしりにいきました。 *went running is "hashiri ni iku" so in this case, we don't say "hashiru / hashirimasu" for "running". Additional Details: What is the sentence structure? --> We put sibject, object, verb to talk about the action. Ex.) I study Japanese = わたしはにほんごをべんきょうします。the word order is like "I Japanese study". I hope this was helpful.
Iku:行く:私はいま映画を見に行く。 Tabemasita : 食べました;私はもう食べました。 Hasiru:走る:昨日、私は走りました。actually,'running' we use 'rannninngu' ランニング'more often in Japanese.