Dima
....ability for faster adjustment to target Tier 1 Capital.... Bank controls a set of variables: book leverage, market leverage, Tier 1 Capital Ratio, etc. Each of these variables have its target value - which should be reached sooner or later. I'm not sure how to say it correctly: the target T1CR, the target of the T1CR, or the target for the T1CR. The sentence is: ...ability for faster adjustment to target Tier 1 Capital
I can say this much: in U.S. English it is common and correct business English to say "the target X" to mean "the desired goal value for X." For example, this is from a 2005 report from the National Bureau of Economic Research: "Recognizing this relationship, it may be sensible to lower the target inflation rate in an economy where real interest rates permanently decline..." I don't know the grammar; I feel that the noun "target" is being used as an adjective, as often happens in English. I feel that it would be grammatically more correct to say "the targetED inflation rate," but in real life that would sound wrong and it is not what is used.