emar
cooking style Many times I wonder if the restaurant and bar menus are well translated. I guess they are not. however, I do not blame them, our dishes names are difficult sometimes nonexistent in English. therefore, could you , native people, tell me if I am right in saying If I have a special name for a dish I can rephrase it by adding the word ...style, for example: meat Seville style, soup Caldereta style. If I say in Spanish : garbanzos con bacalao - Chickpeas in/ with / and cod ??? I am not sure about the preposition. thanks a lot.
I have to agree with Peachey on this one. Westerners like to hear about the meat in the dish first. Keeping the Spanish name makes the dish sound more exotic and adventurous to the Western ear. It should be accompanied by an appealing description for non-Spanish speakers.
Looking at pictures of the dish, I'd say "cod with chickpeas" or "cod in chickpeas". It makes more sense to put the meat first in the title.7 Mind you, "garbanzos con bacalao" sounds much more appetising than "cod with chickpeas", so I think it's better to keep the original name and then give an explanation.