Harry
is it possible to change to into against or against into to in this circumstance? 1)I opposed a barrier against a flood 2)I opposed violence to violence I saw this sentence. The first sentence shows there is against and the second sentence shows there is to. Here is what i wonder about. I opposed a barrier "to" a flood I opposed violence "against" violence. The preposition "To" means "to indicate who or what an action or a feeling is directed towards." The preposition "against" means to move in the opposite direction. The above two sentences is right? is it possible to change to into against or against into to in this circumstance?
Neither phrase looks correct as they are. So your consequent questions are thereby made meaningless. Would you like to quote a fuller context?
I am not advertising and I have no commercial interests in the publishers. Here is a good and reliable dictionary: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/ Don't waste time on bad dictionaries.
Your learning method is very inefficient!
Look up "oppose" in your dictionary and see how it should be used.
Terry, those phrases are wrong and do not make sense. It does not matter how many times you paste them. They are still wrong.