Maddie
この漢字を使えますか? Do I use the Kanji? こにちわ! 私に答えをくれて下さい。 日本語で しゃべるか喋る、どっちのほうがいいですか? この漢字を使うもいいですか? Sorry if this seems like a silly question - I've just never seen it written in kanji before ありがとうございます。
Your first sentence should be "こんにちは。 私に答えをください。" In my opinion, this verb " しゃべる" written by hiragana is used more often than it of kanji. And I also think this verb is a colloquial expression. I usually use ”はなす、いう” when I write some sentences. I might have not written this word by kanji before. But this is only my opinion. It seems that I don't know many kanji , I am Japanese though.
「しゃべってばかりいないで、勉強しなさい!」 standard,modern 「喋ってばかり居ないで、勉強しなさい!」 little old,stiff Quantity balance of Hiragana and Kanji is important. When the sentence has many kanji, 「喋る」fit in it. It has more hiragana than kanji, you shoud write 「しゃべる」
I always write this word in Kanji, to my friends, family, on business and so on. The exception for this being when I write to general public so that it has to be something understandable for all of them out there.
Actually, there is no strict rule about using kanji. So, basically, you can use either you like. Publishing companies, newspaper companies usually have their own guidelines of using characters for readability.
According to my experience, it is more common to just use the hiragana. http://kotonoha.cc/no/89060 It seems like people have a lot of different opinion about it.