Paweł
few questions regarding English 1. I've already found meaning of 'uptake' but I don't know how to use it. Could you give me some examples? 2. Which of following collocations exist, and what do they mean? trigger on/off/up/out 3. What's the difference between expressions 'confide in' and 'confide to"? 4.I know I can form a sentence like "A construction is underway..." but can I say "A underway construction..."?
1. You would be either slow on the uptake, or quick on the uptake. 2. "Trigger off" is the only collocation that sounds natural. If you see a different preposition after trigger, it's probably part of the next clause. 3. You confide in a person (think of the Kylie song, "Confide in me"), and you confide something (a secret) to someone. 4. No, "an underway construction" doesn't make sense. "Underway" means "in progress". Good questions!