Aii
Is this necessary? The repetition of the same word in a sentence? Hi, I have a question about the repetition of the same word in a sentence.. This repetition of the same word "the wings", it makes me stop listening about halfway through...Is this necessary? Can I replace other same "wings" with a pronoun? ...or maybe not? (Here is a sentence) -This is because some of the air pushed down by the wings goes up around the wings at both tips of the wings. I would greatly appreciate your advice..
Yes, it's rather repetitive, isn't it? How about... "This is because some of the air pushed down by the wings goes up and around them at the tips." ('them' refers to both wings, and by the plural 'tips' it is implied that we are talking about both tips of both wings). I assume this is about airflow over wings/lift/and possibly turbulence.
Your example reads like a technical manual or text. In plain language, if the reader knew the main clause already, it would read: " . . . this is because some of the air pushed down goes up and around both tips."
Yes, repetition can serve a purpose, such as for emphasis, but repetition without a reason interrupts the flow and cannot be considered good writing.