Anotherworld
the more effectively they communicate that authority, what does it mean? In order to successfully release himself from the control of his parents, a child must be secure in his parents’ power, as represented by their loving authority. The more effectively they communicate that authority, the more secure the child feels, and the better able he is to move away from them toward a life of his own. the more effectively they communicate that authority, More effectively? I don't know what it means exactly. Conveying that authority more effectively means parents should use their loving authority in the right time when child want it? Please help me!
In this particular case, "more effectively" means better or clearer. You could substitute "better" and the sentence would have the same meaning. The better they communicate that authority....