Svitlana
How do i improve my vocubylary without cramming? Please, help me your advices!
Take three words you rarely use or that you don't use at all and use them intensively for a whole week. Think of sentences with those words etc... When a week has passed pick 3 other words and do the same for a whole week. Then do the same on week 3 etc etc...
(part 1) I see at least two parts to an answer on this. The first part answers "How do I find the words I need to learn?" and the second is "How do I learn memorize those words and make them usable?" For the first, many are in your lessons if you study. If you are immersed (for instance, living in the country), then the world around you provides the first list, your conversation when you find things you need to be able to say provides another list, and reading provides yet another. Of course, those are only 3. For the most part, I try to take on the normal activities of the day and keep track of what I couldn't say, or what I encountered and didn't understand. So then, how do you remember them? There are several steps to this. That is part 2:
Everyone would say you to keep looking on dictionary and note down two words for each day.. My advice is that, If you can do that you can get yourself improved in vocabulary. But here I'm gonna say how I improved my vocabulary. Watch movies or short videos or any videos that have English dialogues. Try to watch as many as you can. Track down the words you didn't come across. Then learn those words. I know this is a slow learning process, but I bet you all the words you have came through will be stored in your mind for a long time.
In my part 2, when I talked about keeping a document open, I meant on my smart phone. that way, I can enter the words as I encounter them (on a sign, for example) since I always have my smart phone with me, and they will be in that document when I get to my computer and start more serious study time.
Part 3: 5. Make a point to use your new words in conversation. 6. Find a free flashcard program and use this to practice or review words. If you get a word that you miss over and over again, put it in a list with other words you need to practice, and write it 5 times again. I think this is the core of how I study vocabulary. The key thing is to work, but don't over-work as overwork takes time and doesn't help (5 times, not 25 times), and to expect that you will forget some words a few times. Just plug them back in and learn them again. So if you can put all of my 3 answers together as one answer, that is what has been very effective for me.