Is this sentence correct English I am reading a book and one sentence does not seem right to me: Windows applications and Navigation applications are installed on your desktop computer. Thus they can run under full trust or under whatever security policy has been defined by the administrator. The last part is odd to me. I think it should be either: under whatever security policy defined by the administrator. or under whatever security policy which has been defined by the administrator. Or it this really correct English?
The original phrase is definitely correct. if you want to alter the text, you could also say "under whatever security policy the administrator has defined".
It is correct. The word "that" is optional in it. If we put it back, then you can see more clearly that it is correct. "under whatever security policy THAT has been defined by the administrator"