What does "drive by" exactly mean in the specific context? In the following song is used phrasal verb "drive by". Oh I swear to ya I'll be there for ya This is not a DRIVE BY Just a shy guy looking for a 2-ply Hefty bag to hold my love When you move me everything is groovy They don't like it suits me The way you do me Oh I swear to ya I'll be there for ya This is not a DRIVE BY I guess that It's the same as that "drive by LOVE"(under control of love), am I right?
GIVEN that songs are famous for not making sense, and not following standard grammar, and... ;^) I think it actually means 'this is not a case when I am just driving by/cruising'. In other words, I am not 'window shopping' - I am looking to commit. You could also say it as 'this is not a drive past'. I don't know much about grammar, but don't think it is actually a phrasal verb - more a phrasal noun maybe?
It is about a guy who falls in love after a one night stand. He leaves and she then moves away, but he still loves her so he drives to her. Therefore the 'this is not a drive by' refers to him not being done with her just because she was a one night stand.