RAMON
keep in touch, stay in touch or be in touch Are there any difference among these expressions? Can they be used in the same context? Thanks a lot.
Keep in touch, stay in touch are the same for me. I would not use, "be in touch," except for, "I will be in touch." In other words, I would not use be in touch as a command. US English...
"Keep" and "stay" are synonymous in this context. With no other words added, it is meant in the imperative sense e.g. as a friendly request at the end of a conversation or meeting to emphasise that you want to continue the relationship but without making any definite plans for the next meeting.. It is not correct to say "Be in touch" in the imperative sense and it is not normally said on its own in any context. It's possible that some people might say it as a contraction of "I'll be in touch". This means : I will contact you at some unspecified time in the future. If people do say this, it is lazy and I would discourage students from doing the same. Hope that helps, Michael