Mami
the usage ー I'm out of luck / I just made it #1: Can I say "I guess I'm out of luck" when a clerk tells me that all the concert tickets I order have already been sold out? #2: Can I say " just made it " in this situation? A: Hi, we are your new neighbors. B: Hello, when did you move in? A: We just made it. Thank you.
No. 1 ---- yes, this is ok. No. 2 ---- no. In this scenario, you'd probably say "We just moved in!" or "Just last week." etc. "We just made it!" is different; see here: http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/make+it In this case, if you say "We just made it!", it sounds like you ran and (just) caught a train, at the last moment. Not that you rented the apartment.
No. Even 1 sounds very bizarre to native ears. When tickets are sold out (not "have been sold out"), one normally says, "Oh, how disappointing! Do you have a waiting list for returned tickets?" In 2, B's response is also very bizarre. A much more socially adequate response would be, "How nice to meet you! I am John Smith." I think you need to join an English conversation class. Just asking the odd question here is not sufficient to build up your basic skills.