Brucy
As such / technically What is the difference between "as such" and "technically" They both seem to mean something is the correct it is the case accordin to the interpretation of the rules, standards, agreement, law etc Pls look at my sentences below 1.I am not a learner as such —I used to ride a bike years ago. 2.Technically, the two sides have been in a state of war ever since 1949. Could you help me out please? I feel as such and technically are interchangeable, however that is no true! Hope you can shed me some light on this issue ?
"not X as such" means that X is the wrong word. It's usually used in the negative, like in your example. "Technically" can be used in the positive and negative, but is more appropriate when there's a strict definition of the word. That's why "technically I'm not a learner" would be strange.