How can I write more simple phrases in english? I'am italian. My language ia very complicated. When I write phrases in english I often use : that,to. How can I write sentences that sound english ? This happen when I write long texts. Thank you for your answers :)
You're question is a bit vague. If you use 'that' and 'to' it could be considered normal because a lot of Americans do the same, but if it seems unnatural this is what I can suggest. "I believe that if we want more out of life that we should create more exciting experiences that we can all enjoy and that make us all feel included so that we can all be happier." Other than being a run on sentence, that is an example of overusing the word 'that' in a sentence. To simplify it, remove 'that' where it is not needed. "I believe, if we want more out of life we should create more exciting experiences, we can all enjoy and that make us all feel included so we can all be happier." The sentence is a bit long, but no longer has an overuse of 'that'. There is one 'that' in the sentence and it isn't truly necessary, but makes it easier to understand. "I need to go to the store to get something to eat for dinner tonight." An overuse of the word 'to' can be pretty annoying...and this one is a shorter sentence. "I need to go shopping for dinner tonight." Much shorter sentence and 'to' is only used once. All you need to do is write out the sentence, see where the words 'that' and 'to' are not necessary and remove them. It may just be a habit, which many people have. The overuse of 'like' and 'umm' are a good example. You don't have to remove them completely. Just write out what you want to say, look it over for excess words, and revise it to make it feel more natural to you. I hope I was of some help.
Hello there! Can you give an example of how you are using that and to? It would be helpful so we could provide a better answer.
Thank you for your answers :)