Austin Vega
What should I do to start learning a new language? I am currently learning french. I picked up a book on French Grammar, but don't know what else I should do to learn. Thanks:)
Visit the website of popular omniglot Benny Lewis:- http://fi3mplus.com/ You'll be thankful to yourself for checking this language hacking tips. I'm following it too and learned quiet a lot since then. Happy learning..... :)
Use French pod101 on YouTube and any videos on there that might help you. I find the videos with the source you mentioned helpful.
XRIZz is right, you should start with easy-going things like videos on internet, that will help you understand the basics. Then grammar and mostly conjugation should come second. Then start listening to french songs (hip-hop is way too difficult at first, start with pop music), and try to read too.
If you start study grammar, you will feel bored. First, I recommend you to learn alphabet by watch a funny video, then try to learn common words by watch funny video else.