Глеб
Do you use "shall" in a daily life? I've heard that "shall" is outdated. I don't hear it recently. Do you use it?
Hello. Shall is normally an older term/outdated, but it is used at times in traditional songs as well as with religious reasons for some faiths. But for most day to day talk? Not used. "will" normally would be used instead pending on the context or "want". I shall go to the bookstore. I will go to the bookstore. Shall we go to the supermarket? Do you want to go to the supermarket?
Привет! English speakers tend to use 'I will', rather than 'I shall', as you're right it's a little out-dated. In saying that, we will understand either one.
I agree with Ben and Topo. I use it in my (northern, UK) speech all the time, though only in question sentences. "Shall I get that for you?, "Shall we go?"...
I understand, thanks to all:)
u know what, nothing gonna be outdated,if we use it more often, it comeback to thefashion again