Casey Morgan
Speaking help Hey all, I really need help with my Korean Speaking. I know enough grammar and learning more vocab words by the day, but when spitting it out I have such a hard time. I am IN Korea and meeting people through language exchanges but because my skill is so limited and their English skill is usually much higher, it becomes more of an English talk...I want pure Korean talk and hang around only Korean people. In Korea, though, walking up to strangers to meet, which I would like to do, is difficult in this culture. So, how can I improve me speaking without it becoming and English lesson?
I kind of don't see the problem with speaking English most of the time and then dipping into Korean when you can? Also just chatting with the 아줌마s in 김밥천국 or the Korean staff when you have 회식...
Hi Casey, What do you do in Korea? If you are working in a korean company, it would be good idea to hang out korean co-workers. And as I improve my English speaking by listening to Eng. News and talk shows, you may want to listen to Korean radio to improve your speaking as well as listening. Hope it helps.