doyoon
since & because What is different between since & because?
'Because' does imply cause, 'since' can imply time or cause. What does that mean? It means that most of the time these words are synonymous and you can use either one: 'Since my dog is so hairy, I have to get its hair cut regularly.' 'Because my dog is so hairy, I have to get its hair cut regularly.' Both of these sentences are correct. The only trap you have to watch out for when using 'since' is ambiguity: 'Since we had breakfast, we were filled with energy.' This lets you wonder, were we filled with energy because of breakfast or just after breakfast? Hope that helps:-)
The word since, when used as a conjunction, has two meanings, one related to time and the other to cause. Since can be correctly used in either sense—the choice is a matter of style. However, if it is not used carefully, the word since can also cause confusion. Sometimes, because is the better choice. This word usage tip examines when—and when not—to use the word since. Source: http://www.biomedicaleditor.com/word-usage-since.html T