Cristian
When to use the word though? I've seen this word many times but I haven't figured it out yet. Can someone explain it to me? I'd rather you give me the meaning and also some sentences to get it... Thanks in advance for your answers.
It's used in several different ways. 1) It means 'however' e.g. My parents insist that we go to France on holiday. If it were up to me, THOUGH, we would go to Italy.... e.g. He told me he loved me, THOUGH I don't think he really meant it.... e.g. I said I didnt' care, THOUGH really I did.... e.g. You won't always success. You can try, THOUGH. 2) It means 'notwithstanding' or 'albeit' e.g. THOUGH he was late for the interview, he still got the job e.g. He didn't do very well in his exams, THOUGH he'd worked very hard e.g. He won the race, THOUGH it took every ounce of his energy... e.g. She ran away from home, THOUGH she didn't stay away for long.