Anand
Can anybody explain me the difference of the HOME and HOUSE?
House is just the building. /home/ is the building AND the palce you belong to AND where family is. /home/ is where you will be always welcomed.
As Andrew said (yet, hopefully you are always welcomed at home!!! You should be). Home is the place where you live in the sense of you belonging there. It includes not only the structure, but also the people and the decorations, the fact you may have pictures of loved ones on the wall, or other things that make it feel like home. Sometimes the word 'home' is used to mean the country of origin. I am from Italy, but live in Canada, so often people ask me: "When was the last time you went back home for a visit?" I tell them home is here for me. Similarly the parents' home may be called home. For example, often a university student that is living in another city or in a residence will be asked whether he is going home to visit his parents on the weekend. Even if he has been living on his own in the different city for years. Home can be both a house or an apartment, or a teepee, or a mobile home, or wherever you live.
The meanings overlap. Each word has many meanings, see a dictionary for the full range. In the most common meanings in ordinary speech: A "house" is a structure that provides shelter. A "home" is a place where somebody lives. "Home" carries meanings of security, love, family. An empty house is still a house. but it is not a home. Real estate agents sell houses, but because "home" sound nicer, they always call them "homes," not "houses." Of an animal, we can say "the brown thrasher makes his home in the swamps and groves," where "home" means "the kind of place where he lives," not a structure. FAMOUS QUOTATION: "It takes a heap o' livin' in a house t' make it home."--Edgar Guest (That is: it takes a lot of living in a house to make it home).
I agree with the above. Here is an interesting phrase with 'home' - 'Make yourself at home' You can say this if you are welcoming somebody, into your home or workplace. like a guest who is staying over at your house, and you want them to feel relaxed.