Mami
Which is better, " just came" or "just got here?" Which is the better of the two in this situation? A family is standing at the door of a neighborhood’s house. A: Hi, we are your new neighbors. B: Hello, when did you move in? A: We just came. / We just got here. I was taught both of them are OK, but I have to choose one for a test. I think "just came" would be better. The other one seems to have 2 meanings; "arrived at your house" and " arrived in this neighborhood." The former meaning is wrong. Thank you.
I would actually go with "We just got here." You are asking about when they moved to a specific place. "We just got here" is answering the question more appropriately as it is suggesting that they arrived. We just came, is not a completed thought. We just came from London, We just came to see how you are doing both are complete responses, but we just came alone does not make sense in this scenario.