Kailin
How to rephrase these sentences? Could you help me paraphrase the following sentences? I found them somewhat redundant and "clumsy", but didn't know how to correct them. In order to alleviate the increasingly serious environmental pressures and address the problem of the drying up of traditional fossil fuels, the world's countries and regions, especially the developed countries, have beguan to develop the clean energy. However, a great number of developing countries still rely too much on traditional fossil fuel energy. Thank you!
It sounds a bit wordy: As traditional fossil fuels deplete and environmental pressures increase, the world's countries and regions, particularly developing nations have begun developing clean energy. Still, many of these same countries continue to rely heavily on traditional fossil fuels.
Well - that's about as good as I could write! How about: In order to alleviate increasingly serious environmental pressures and to address the problem of declining traditional fossil fuels, the world's countries and regions, particularly the developed countries, have started to develop clean energy. Having said that, a great number of developing countries still rely too heavily on traditional fossil fuels. Hope that helps :)
Thank you Leigh!
I agree with Doug.