Esteban
Avec? Are there different verbs for "to have (possess) something" and "to have to do something?
There is also the verb "devoir" + verb in the infinitive form. Ex : je dois terminer ce projet. (I have to finish this project). "Devoir" = must. It's a regular verb so you need to conjugate it like a normal verb. "Falloir" (mentioned above) il also a verb but it's only conjugated in the 3rd person singular "il faut que..." = it is needed that... Ps "I need to do... ", "I have to do..." and "I must do..." are not as clean cut in French. They are almost interchangeable.
Yes they are different. to have = "avoir" to have to do = phrase "Il faut..." P.S. I'm not a native french speaker but I'm learning. Good luck you!
des exemples pour complémenter la réponse d'Alina; J'ai trois pommes dans mon frigo. I have three apples in my fridge. Il faut tout manger avant dix-huit heures. (you/we) have to eat everything before 6pm.