Kay
How do you improve your listening skills in your target language? Could anyone suggest a few methods that I could use to improve my listening skills? Are they methods you use yourself and do they seem to work for you?
For Spanish, I bought a book named "Easy Spanish Reader". It's a book of short stories and it has audio. I listen,read and then answer the questions. I noticed my listening comprehension has improved a lot.
Aside from having conversation and listening to the person you are speaking with... TV and radio could be great. TV probably better. I have found that you will hear more proper language there than on the radio. Here is a site you can check out... free internet (spanish) tv - www.rtve.es Best of luck!
Maybe you could listen to podcasts in Spanish or you could try reading a text in your target language out loud, I think that might help improve your speaking skills as well as your listening skills. Or you could watch music videos on Youtube that have Spanish subtitles, there arer tons of those. Watching Spanish language movies is always a good option.
Somebody could recording for you a book named "Silabario hispanoamericano" so you could read it as you are listenig. This book was used in Chile and others countries for teaching kids to read and write for over 30 years
Bueno respondere en Espanol, creo que para aprender Ingles, use libros de textos, asisti a cursos pero para mejorarlo, ahora uso pues este sitio, veo videos en youtube, hago ejercicios a veces, mas me interesa el hablar o pronunciacion, tambien leer algun articulo.