Yubo Ross
how to think like a American ? I always think in Chinese way when translate Chinese in to English or write English notes,so I always forget change tense and add s to verbs and noun,especially speak English.and always write or speak something that I feel its right in Chinese,but turns out, its totally wrong in English.how to change that? any help?
This is a common mistake, not only made by language students eg. someone still converting the euro into "old money". The best advise I can give is to be very strict with yourself and to not allow your mind to refer back to Chinese. It will mean that your progress begins to slow down in the short term but will save you so much time in the long term. Also, perhaps you need to spend more time reading English and also reading aloud! So that you train your brain...its all a matter of time and practice.