Grace
"In the list" or "on the list"? I think both are grammatically correct, but I don't know which one I should choose properly when I make sentences using them! :) When should I say "in the list", and when should I say "on the list"? :) For example..... -> I have my favorite songs in/on my playlist. -> I already added him in/on my friend list. -> Did you write them in/on the list? Thank you~! :)
In general, you should best use: songs *on* my playlist added *to* a list write *on* a list But sometimes, these rules are subject to style choice so it could change depending on context. I hope those help so far though!
It´s "on the list" never "in the list". I can´t think of any example where "in the list" would be grammatically correct. There may well be occasions where "to the list" would be correct, for example, "He was added to the list and therefore appeared on the list".