CHYL
About Forced marriage in Western countries. Are there so many Western countries supporting forced marriage so conventional? No wonder they only play marriage for fun and file for divorce quickly as well just because registration is so easy and cheaper for marriage. Why so many people say marriage is not serious to Western countries and only pregnancy can make a male to marry a female I have heard from a New Zealand English teacher said. Was that true? Law for forced marriage. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27830815
>Was that true? Generally, no.
That link is mainly a story about migrants from the Indian sub-continent who have arranged marriages for their children. It is probably referring to female children being married to men still living in India and the surrounding areas. Marriage customs have varied a great deal over time in England. The aristocracy commonly arranged marriages for their children as a way of increasing wealth and political power but it was not common for any other class. If you read the works of Jane Austen who lived in the early 19th century, she wrote a lot about marriages for property and influence. She lived in a transitional period and wrote about a particular class. Your idea that marriage is becoming less valued in the West is correct though. But historically ideas about love and marriage have changed many times.
Thank you for your honest response, but English man is not my business so far and I don't target on English males all the time. Just think their tradition doesn't make sense for true love only, because most of Taiwanese are free to choose.
No is not true of New Zealand , and even pregnancy does not force two people to marry , that is the choice of couple should that happen . I can not say it would be normal a English person would not marry a asian because of family concerns as you said by english mans mother , And certainly in New Zealand and countries like Australia there are many mixed marriages and very normal , I was born in New Zealand but lived most of my life in Australia , my wife is Chinese and that is very common to see in many western countries .
Well, I am not British cannot understand why they don't need perhaps it is really too perfect to need other races. A Korean girl said, she had a British boyfriend but broke up for his British mother, disliked Asian so much that was all about it.