Kailin
How to rephrase this sentence? I am writing an assignment. Could you help me rephrase this sentence? "The EU has aimed to let renewable energy account for 20% of its energy consumption by 2020." Thank you very much!
The EU is aiming for renewable energy to account for 20% of its energy consumption by 2020." This is ok but I don't really like using "energy" twice. The EU's aim is that by 2020 a fifth of its energy consumption will come from renewable sources. Have changed to a fifth otherwise we have three "twenties" together!
The EU aims to by 2010 to include 20% of renewable energy as part of its overall consumption.
Kailin- Your sentence is fine. I just wonder if you mean "let". This word would mean "allow" and not that the EU is actively working to make it happen. If you want to say that the EU is going to do it, then "make" would be better.
Thank you Ian! Very nice sentence!