Gilliard
How is contraction these words ? How is contraction these words ? Will + not Are + not Want + not
"How are these words contracted?" "What are the contractions of these words?" Won't, aren't.... and the third one is impossible. Let's see if you can guess why. ;)
As the other members have suggested/explained, you can't make a contraction with the verb 'want'. In modern-day English, the only verbs which make their negative forms with 'not' - and therefore form contractions with 'not' - are: 'to be' (isn't, aren't, wasn't, weren't), 'to have' and 'to do' when they are auxiliary verbs (eg I haven't seen/ I didn't see), and modal verbs (can/could, will/would, shall/should, may/might, must, ought). All other verbs use an auxiliary to make the negative, so the word 'not' forms a contraction with the auxiliary verb rather than the main verb (I don't want, I didn't want). I know this sounds a little confusing , and also rather illogical. However, the more English you see, hear and use, the more natural these forms will seem to you.
"How to contract these words ?", OR "How to make contraction of these words ?" Now- Will Not = Won't; Shall Not = Shan't; Am Not = Not Possible; Are Not = Aren't. But, 'Want Not' cannot be contracted because it's neither an Auxiliary Verb nor a Modal Verb. Did you understand it ?