Alfredo
How close or far away is my accent from the american accent? Hi, here I am again making a new recording because I'm trying to improve my English speaking skills so I'm recording myself to check my progress. my questions is the following; How close or far away is my accent from the american accent? I'm open to all sort of comments here is the video link for you to listen; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y1ARC6itIk&feature=youtu.be
I'd say you still have work ahead of you. I hardly understood you at all, except for snippets. From my point of view, your primary concern shouldn't be if your accent sounds especially US-American or British or whatever, but to improve your pronunciation on the whole to speak clearly enough to be understood. Consider using an accent reduction training. It will be work, but it will be very much worthwhile.
I think you have got some of the sounds and rhythm, in places. There are other words and sentences where it's not natural and there are some things I can't understand. It's great if you can try out different accents but in general I don't think it will help you be understood unless you get really good at it. Most English speakers are familiar with a range of foreign accents.
I could understand what you were saying for the most part, but your accent is defintiely strong. If you continue to practice, I'm sure it will improve.
Alfredo
Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Portuguese