Valeria
when to use "got" in a question
I'd say Peachey gave you a great answer. Your confusion may be due to the fact that in informal spoken US English, it's extremely common to ask questions with "got" using the wrong auxiliary ("do" or "does") or using no auxiliary at all. One of my students moved to the US, and when he got there he said "Phil, why didn't you teach us this?" I had mentioned it, but I don't see any need to have students practice this kind of extremely informal grammar if they don't live in a country where it is used. If you have a lot of friends from north of the border, go ahead and talk like they do, just be aware that some phrases are not considered proper formal English. Another word that I don't teach is "ain't." I do, however, teach the reduced pronunciation of auxiliaries such as "coulda" and "hafta" because that is the usual pronunciation even with educated speakers.
Do you have a car? Have you got a car? It's the same meaning (possession of a car), but you can see "have" works as a helping verb in the second sentence, so we add "got".
I got the car yesterday = me dieron el coche ayer I got = me dieron
can u tell me an example? .. a person ask me but i can undertand if he dont use "got".. is mandatory to use it word?